What is IUI Treatment?
A simple medical procedure, intrauterine insemination (IUI) treatment involves deposition of washed sperms in a patient’s uterus. It aids the process of conception. IUI is a safe and effective assisted reproductive technology used for treating infertility.
It is especially effective in treating natural barriers. Under the treatment, a semen sample is placed in a nutrient medium. This allows the sperms to easily reach the uterus.
Why is it needed?
There are certain conditions where the use of IUI can be a boom for couples desiring conception. These are as listed below:
- Premature ejaculation (in males)
- Inferior quality of the semen (low motility or low count)
- Ovulation issues such as PCOD (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Unexplained infertility
IUI Treatment procedure
The very first step is to discuss the history of the couple. Then few essential examinations are conducted to check the condition of ovaries, availability of healthy eggs, if the fallopian tubes are open for an IUI treatment, normalcy of the uterus, semen is checked for normalcy and adequate number of sperms, presence of any infectious disease in case a sperm donor is used.
The first step in the IUI treatment is ovulation induction which means releasing an egg through a mature follicle by the ovary. IUI is performed during the process of ovulation.
The process of stimulating ovaries through medication augments egg production. Therefore, the possibility of conception increases. After ovulation induction, the uterus and ovaries are studied using an ultrasound examination.
Steps Involved in IUI Treatment
- Doctors perform an insemination during ovulation
- Ultrasound scan conducted to determine if the patient is ovulating
- Eggs released from follicle using injection
Insemination is a simple process that involved threading of a lean flexible catheter through the cervix. After that, the washed sperms are placed inside the uterus. A typical course of action is as follows:
- Patient asked to pass urine to empty the bladder
- She is made to lie in a raised legs position
- Uterus is analyzed through speculum insertion in vagina (could be slightly uncomforting but no pain involved)
- Uterus introduced to semen gently (usually a one minute process)
- Patient given rest for half an hour
- Patient might be prescribed some medication, if required
- Blood pregnancy test is carried out after 2 weeks of the IUI treatment
- If pregnancy not confirmed, process repeated by 4 to 6 times (repeated failures might warrant the need for an IVF treatment)
- If confirmed, an ultrasound performed after confirmation of conception
At RISAA IVF, the success rate of the IUI treatment is more than double the 15 per cent average success rate across the world.
IUI Treatment at Risaa IVF clinic
Providing you with expert treatment at an affordable cost, our services are open to all couples who wish to go in for the process of artificial conception. Our dedicated diagnosis and advance analysis at out IUI treatment center helps you decide with clarity on the type of procedure required along with the expected success rate.
Taking care of your fertility needs in an empathetic and proficient manner, out staff takes care of relieving your stress related to conceiving and throughout the journey of a baby birth. Rightly so, our able team of medical professions is highly sought after by childless couples from India and rest of the world.