Dr. Rita Bakshi
Founder and chairperson of RISAA IVF
Welcome to RISAA IVF
Dr. Rita Bakshi is the founder and chairperson of RISAA IVF , the oldest fertility clinic and one of the most renowned IVF clinics in India. She graduated from the Lady Harding Medical College, New Delhi and received her MBBS in 1983. She completed her MD (Gynae & Obs) from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi in 1990. Dr. Rita is specially trained in fertility and woman’s health and holds Diploma in Obstetrician and Gynaecologist from St. Stephens Hospital in 1987. Her areas of expertise include IVF, IUI, ICSI, surrogacy, recurrent miscarriage, endometriosis and ovulaltory disorders and their treatments.
During the last 25 years, Dr. Rita Bakshi has helped families conceive more than 4000 in vitro fertilization (IVF) babies. She is internationally renowned for her pioneering work in assisted reproductive technology (ART). She’s also the founder of ADIVA group of Hospitals
Dr. Rita Bakshi
- Jansanskriti “Rashtriya Samman” Award 2013
- Rashtriya Gaurav Award by India International Friendship Society, 2011
- Women Entrepreneurship Award in the Field of Medicine, 2015
- Best Upcoming IVF Chain Award, 2015
Achievements and Works
- Performed more than 6000 caesarean sections, 3000 Hysterectomies including non-descent Hysterectomies even up to 16-week size uterus.
- Has done more than 1000 cases of IVF annually at all the centres with a success rate of over 45%.
- Have Done Tubal recanalization using a microscope with excellent result.
- Have successfully deal with male infertility, testicular biopsy, frozen sperm ICSI.
- Success rate of over 80% in Egg Donor Surrogacy.
Established RISAA IVF and its various centres
Dr. Rita Bakshi established Adiva in 2004 and then went on to establish RISAA IVF in 2012 where she continues to work on various ART procedures till date. As an IVF specialist and under her leadership, the centre had begun to develop a national reputation for excellence in both pregnancy and delivery rates within its first five years of operation.
Having dream project to help couples towards Parenthood, Dr. Rita Bakshi establishes various IVF and ICSI centres in several cities of India. Over a span of 10 years, Dr. Rita is now associated with several successful IVF centers set-up in Haryana and Rajasthan. The various techniques of assisted reproduction including ovulation induction, IUI, IVF, ICSI, Egg/sperm/embryo donation and surrogacy are now performed at RISAA IVF clinic with an outstanding degree of care and support of international standard and success.
Dr. Rita Bakshi now performs more than 1000 cycles of IVF and ICSI per year at RISAA IVF head office in New Delhi with more than 50 percent success rate.
Leadership Footprint :
- Founder, UPKAAR Surrogacy Welfare Trust.
- Organizing Secretary of the International Conference on Reproduction, Fertility and Surrogacy (ICRFS) 2014 held in AIIMS from 23rd to 26th May 2014.
- Vice President of Indian Association of Occupational Health dealing with Industrial workers & Industrial Hazard exposure.
- Vice President – Medical Fitness Society India (MFSI)
- Cultural secretary of World Brotherhood Organization (WBO) – A Non-profit Organization.
- Secretary of Lions Club of Delhi Elite – A Charitable Organization.
- Vice-President of Lal Baughcha Trust – A Charitable Organization.
Dr. Rita Bakshi is a member of AOGD (Ass. Of Obstetricians & Gynecologists Delhi), FOGSI (Federation of Obstetrician & Gynecological Societies of India), FEMGENCON (Association of Female Genital Reconstructive Aesthetic and micro surgeons of India), ISAR (Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction), IFS (Indian Fertility Society), NARCHI (National Association of Reproductive Child Health of India) and USI (Ultrasound Society of India).
Considered a leading authority on fertility, Dr. Rita Bakshi has been interviewed by BBC, The Telegraph, The Hindu, Times of India, The Hindustan Times, India Today, The Mint, The New York Times, The Statesman, and has appeared as a fertility expert on numerous television programs, including NDTV Programme on Surrogacy, AAJ News and on various other news programS