A Ray of Hope for Infertile Couples
Couples who struggle with infertility frequently seek medical help to realize their childbearing dreams. One of the most successful assisted reproductive technologies (ART) for treating infertility is in-vitro fertilization (IVF). Nevertheless, IVF is frequently pricey and out of many couples’ financial reach. But now that the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) has started providing IVF at a reasonable price, there is hope for individuals who cannot afford private IVF facilities.
AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) Hospital, located in New Delhi, is a renowned healthcare institution in India that offers state-of-the-art medical services. One of the specialized treatments offered by AIIMS is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). The hospital’s IVF facilities are top-notch, making it a preferred choice for many couples seeking treatments for infertility.
What is IVF?
IVF involves fertilizing an egg with sperm outside the body in a laboratory dish and then implanting the fertilized embryo back into the woman’s uterus. IVF is generally used when other methods of Infertility Treatment have failed. The success rate of IVF depends on various factors, such as the age of the couple, the cause of infertility, and the quality of the eggs and sperm.
How is IVF performed at AIIMS Delhi?
AIIMS hospital has a team of experienced and skilled doctors, nurses, and technicians who provide personalized care to each patient. The hospital offers a range of treatments for infertility, including Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), and others. The process of IVF at AIIMS Delhi involves the following steps:
- Ovarian Stimulation: The woman is given hormonal injections to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs. An IVF cycle begins with the use of synthetic hormones to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple eggs rather than the single egg that develops each month. Multiple eggs are required because some eggs will not fertilize or develop normally after fertilization.
- Egg Retrieval: Ultrasound-guided needles remove eggs from the ovaries. Before ovulation, your doctor or clinic can retrieve eggs 34 to 36 hours after the final injection. Egg retrieval requires sedation and painkillers. Transvaginal ultrasound aspiration is most common for retrieval. A vaginal ultrasound probe detects follicles.
A thin needle is inserted into an ultrasound guide and passed through the vagina and follicles to extract the eggs. Abdominal ultrasound can guide the needle if transvaginal ultrasound cannot reach your ovaries. A suction needle removes the eggs from the follicles. Remove multiple eggs in 20 minutes. Egg retrieval may cause cramping and fullness. Nutritional liquid incubates mature eggs (culture medium). Healthy and mature eggs will be mixed with sperm to create embryos. Not all eggs are fertilized.
- Sperm Collection: A sample of the male partner’s semen is collected, washed, and sterilized in preparation for fertilization. If your partner’s sperm will be used, he or she will need to bring a sample to the clinic or doctor’s office the day before egg retrieval. Sperm samples are typically obtained through masturbation. Testicular aspiration — the use of a needle or surgical procedure to extract sperm directly from the testicle — is sometimes required. Donor sperm can also be used. In the lab, sperm is separated from the sperm fluid.
- Fertilization: The eggs are fertilized with the prepared sperm in a laboratory dish, and the fertilized embryo is observed for a few days. Fertilization has two methods:
Insemination. Traditional insemination mixes healthy sperm and mature eggs and incubates overnight.
Intracytoplasmic sperm (ICSI). ICSI injects one healthy sperm per mature egg. ICSI is used for poor semen or failed IVF cycles.
The transfer of an embryo may be preceded by other medical interventions recommended by your doctor.
Hatching aid. An embryo implants into the uterus five to six days after fertilization. Suppose you’re older or have failed IVF. In that case, your doctor may recommend assisted hatching, which involves making a hole in the zona pellucida before transfer to help the embryo hatch and implant. Assisted hatching hardens the zona pellucida in frozen eggs and embryos.
Preimplantation genetic testing. After 5–6 days in the incubator, embryos can be tested for genetic diseases or chromosome counts. Genetically normal embryos can be implanted. Preimplantation genetic testing reduces but does not eliminate genetic problems. Test prenatally.
- Embryo Transfer: A thin catheter transfers the fertilized embryo back into the woman’s uterus. Your doctor or clinic transfers embryos two to five days after egg retrieval. A mild sedative may be given. Despite mild cramping, the procedure is painless. The doctor will insert a catheter into your vagina, cervix, and uterus. The catheter end has a syringe with one or more embryos in a small amount of fluid. The doctor injects embryos into your uterus with a syringe. Six to 10 days after egg retrieval, an embryo will implant in your uterus.
IVF Rates in AIIMS Delhi
AIIMS Delhi is a government-funded hospital committed to providing high-quality medical services. As it is, the government-funded hospital and IVF rates in AIIMS Delhi are affordable. The IVF Cost in Delhi at AIIMS is much lower than that of private clinics, making it a popular choice for couples seeking treatment for infertility.
The IVF cost at AIIMS is reasonable and varies depending on the patient’s medical condition and treatment plan. The average cost of IVF at AIIMS ranges from INR 80,000 to INR 2,50,000, which is relatively lower than other private IVF centers in India. Patients who can’t pay for their treatment can also get financial help from the hospital.
IVF Doctor in AIIMS
The doctors in AIIMS are well-versed in cutting-edge IVF procedures and employ cutting-edge technology to provide excellent patient care. The IVF specialists in the AIIMS building take the time to learn about each patient’s unique medical situation to create a tailor-made treatment plan with the best possible chance of success.
The doctors in AIIMS have extensive training and experience helping couples overcome infertility. They have extensive experience in infertility treatment and training in cutting-edge IVF methods. The IVF specialist in the AIIMS building is also trained to identify and treat any underlying medical issues that could be causing or exacerbating infertility.
AIIMS’s medical staff is dedicated to staying abreast of and at the forefront of infertility research and treatment. To learn about the most recent findings and methods, they frequently participate in conferences, seminars, and workshops in the field.
Advanced Techniques and State-of-the-Art Equipment
The IVF specialists at AIIMS have access to cutting-edge technology and employ cutting-edge procedures to give their patients the best possible outcomes. The doctors in AIIMS have access to cutting-edge equipment, further increasing the likelihood of a successful pregnancy. Technology like high-tech ultrasound machines, hormone analysis instruments, and embryo culture systems are all part of this.
You can get high-quality, affordable medical treatment in Delhi at the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS). Infertile couples often choose AIIMS Delhi because the AIIMS IVF cost is much lower than at private clinics.
The cost of in vitro fertilization (IVF) at AIIMS varies depending on the patient’s situation. Compared to private IVF clinics in India, the average IVF rate in AIIMS Delhi is between INR 80,000 and INR 2,50,000. Patients who cannot pay for their hospital care may apply for financial aid.
Benefits of IVF Treatment at AIIMS Delhi
Apart from the affordable rates, IVF treatment at AIIMS Delhi has several other benefits. Some of them are:
Skilled and Experienced Doctors: AIIMS Delhi has a team of skilled and experienced doctors who specialize in infertility treatment. They are well-trained in advanced IVF techniques and use the latest equipment to provide high-quality treatment to patients.
State-of-the-Art Facilities: AIIMS Delhi has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that are regularly updated to provide the best possible care to patients.
Personalized Care: The doctors at AIIMS Delhi provide personalized care to each patient, taking the time to understand their medical condition and develop a treatment plan tailored to their specific needs.
Financial Assistance: AIIMS Delhi offers financial assistance to patients who cannot afford IVF charges. This makes the treatment accessible to a broader range of patients.
Finally, IVF at AIIMS Delhi is both reasonably priced and highly successful for couples struggling with infertility. Patients are drawn to the hospital due to its highly trained medical staff, cutting-edge technology, and focus on individual needs. Additionally, patients seeking high-quality treatment without breaking the bank have found AIIMS Delhi to be a great option due to the reasonable prices and financial aid offered. AIIMS Delhi is a beautiful option for anyone seeking high-quality, cost-effective IVF care.